So I sent Laine [I told him what his name was on here and he just wanted me to use that instead since it's what everyone calls him] my letter yesterday because I wasn't sure when I'd talk to him and I really wanted him to read it once he got online.. Well come 0500 this morning I got an IM through my phone asking if I was awake, well I was now! He had responded to my email but he wanted to talk through YIM as well. So we ended up having our first REAL conversation in a month and a half and I got to see him... I couldn't stop staring, I missed his smile so much. Well,anyways, he reassured me about this whole thing with his friend. I think I really just needed that reassurance to know that we were fine and that this wasn't going to get into our way. Well we weren't even finished with that before he told me that we needed to talk about something important. My stomach lurched because you know that's either a good sign or a bad sign of what is to come... and I always think the worst at first. Well.... those two extra years is now going to end up being 13 more years in the Army. So come Feb of next year we will be moving to VA. Originally there was a slot open for a job that he could do over in Augusta, GA that we were going to move to, but things never stay the same.... We're going to look into renting a house since we will be there for at least 3 years. We figured out what furniture we need to get and everything so things just need to be bought when we get there. Now please do not think that this was all in a 20 minute conversation it was a three hour conversation but these were the snippets. I know it's 8 months away but I really want to start looking at places just to get a feel as to how much houses to rent will cost.
Besides this news I am starting summer school on Monday! Session 1 I am taking Italian 1 and then Summer Session 2 I am taking Italian 2 and Calc 2... I am excited to learn Italian, I am just so worried that I won't pick it up as easily as I'd hope I could. There's only a few more months and I will be out of this town! I am beyond excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment