I was going to deposit cash earlier today and decided to do the drive through ATM because I was promoting being a lazy American and not walking those ten feet to the ATM in the building to put $$ in the bank [oh bad run on sentence]. Well the woman in front of my was taking her time. I get that I am in the South but c'mon guys pick up the pace a little, CHOP CHOP! Well she takes out cash which is absolutely natural I get it, but have you ever noticed how almost every person going to an ATM be it drive through or walk up has to check if the right amount of money came out. Now here is my question: How often have you gone through the ATM and not gotten the correct amount? If so who the hell would you talk to? "Well Mr. Bank Teller the ATM didn't give me the right amount," but where would be the proof. How wouldn't they know you slipped it somewhere to hide so you could some free money? The person that I was originally talking about had their money still out in the open counting it [not within her car safe from creepers that could be watching them- even I could tell you how much money she had gotten out]. Did you know that you are more likely to getting robbed when doing such things. Think a little before you do that. Get into your car or in this woman's case close your window and count it if you really need that reassurance.
Now also, little snippet of knowledge for your way today, DID YOU KNOW that it is not true that if you put your pin number in backwards at the ATM the police will not come to your rescue in case of a robbery?
There is a seed of truth to it, however, in that the idea has been floating around for a while. One of the biggest proponents has been in Illinois attorney named Joseph Zingher. He says the notion came to him when he was a law student at the University of Illinois and one evening was withdrawing money from an ATM in a scary part of town. He patented his concept in 1998 and has been trying to talk banks into using it ever since.
Under Zingher's system, every ATM account would have two PIN numbers---the normal PIN used to withdraw money and what he calls the "ATM SafetyPIN" to alert police that something bad was happening at the ATM. It has also come to be popularly called the "Panic PIN." The SafetyPIN would typically be the reverse of the normal PIN number or some other variation that would be easy to remember. Legislation was passed in Illinois that would allow banks to adopt the system, but did not mandate it. So far, no banks or financial institutions have done so. Zingher has offered to let Illinois-based banks to use it for free but some of them have said they think it would be too expensive and that ATM crime is not frequent enough. Zingher says that ATM crime is much higher than believed because not all crime reporting reflects whether it has taken place in connection with an ATM or forced withdrawal of cash.
Interesting right. I like to think so.
Please do not get offended by these last two parts.
What is up with people that successfully graduate college, either a university of a community college [I really don't care which one] that can not figure out the difference between key words.
FOR EXAMPLE:
to, too, two
choice, choose, chose
mine, my
you're, your
there, their, they're
its, it's
then, than
waste, waist
weather, whether
Here is a comic that a friend of mine showed me and I fell in love with it! It can be found on this lovely page











Hello lovely! I noticed that you were following my family blog. I also have a military blog, it's called, Goodnight moon. Make sure you come by and check that one out.
ReplyDeleteSending hugs your way. If only we could all fast forward time!
Loved all your misspelled words! I'm sure I still do some of those all the time. I never won a spelling bee contest in school.
I'm now your follower;)