So I'm an epic failure. I was doing so well with that 30 letters in 30 days thing. Until my laptop died on me and I wasn't near a computer for a week and a half. My phone doesn't count especially since the whole blogger thing on my phone still confuses the crap out of me. I am normally so good with electronics but they have it out for me lately. This may be a long post but I'll try and at least have pictures to break it up and not seem as boring as it COULD be.
- Before I left on my vacation two weeks ago I was talking to Laine. He can't find one of his external hard drives. I told him I was going to be having lunch or dinner with D (his stepmom) soon so I could always check her house when I went there and send it to him. He has some pictures that he is really wanting right now of a really good friend of his (long story but it's not really my place to say anything about it anyways). Well somewhere in that conversation I talked about the pictures that D took when Laine was leaving back in April. I am on my way home from work later that day and he told me that I really should go check my facebook. What do I find but those pictures that I had just been talking about. He asked her to put them on facebook and voila there they were. I must warn y'all that we had been out until 430-5ish the night before and we went to his dad's house until the time we were going to the airport. We were both still drunk from the night before and after my mini nap A) what the heck happened with my hair? Damn it being curly and even just a little humidity and trying to keep it straight is screwed and B) why did I wear what I did? Sorry normally I wear decent clothes.
- My trip was great. I ended up getting a few shades darker than I am now. When I say darker I just mean I am not stark white anymore. What am I going to do with myself? It's insane. Oh and can I just say. The number of men running around in speedos lathering the oil on so they can go from white to... well... RED... was more then slightly disturbing. I have never been in such a situation that I was in amazement and not able to say anything. I do have pictures from the resort and of course of my speedo man of the day (we were there three and a half days, but we had doubles a few days that I just couldn't pass up). My only issue is I have my pictures on my home computer and I am on the computer on campus. I will do another post solely dedicated to these wonderful men. So after all of this we went to St. Augustine and I ended up being in Jacksonville more than anything because of my friends that are there. I loved it. I loved the sand between my toes, the bars on the beach that you can't get up here in SC, having drinks with my favorite people in the world. The only thing missing was Laine but we will make a trip down to Florida just for that reason. I did not though like my poor car getting stuck in the sand when I was just trying to turn around in this sand lot. Thank goodness Larry knew a few people and they were able to lift up (yes I have a light car) and get it safely out of there. After we left St. Augustine/Jacksonville we headed up to Savannah the last day and a half of our trip. We were going to stay at a Bed and Breakfast thinking that it would be something different and why not at least try it out. Well we got to Savannah having not booked a place for Savannah and we went around and were thoroughly disappointed with every single one of the places that we saw. Can I just say this. If you are going to have a place like this make sure to keep up with it. Make sure you pressure wash the sides of your place so it doesn't start to look dingy. Well because of all of this we headed to Charleston because who doesn't love Charleston. It turned out to be a great night. The next day it was all dreary and rainy (the day before it was raining but not as badly) so you know how the roads all flood. AMAZING. Who doesn't love flooded roads with a car that obviously rides lower as is. +
- Did I tell y'all that when we got into Orlando people decided to be stupid and we were involved in one fashion or another a huge pileup? I was going to put a ridiculous picture up and be all LOOK AT THIS, but that would be mean. No heart attacks from a horrible picture necessary. Well we were on I4 which ALWAYS SUCKS. It had just stopped raining and there was a slight fender bender on the side of the road with a police car there. Well the lady three in front of us decided it would be best for her to slam on her brakes in her suburban. Well a suburban slamming on it's brakes when the highway is still wet wasn't the smartest of ideas. She started spinning. My comment? "holy shit! Mom the car in front of us is spinning!" and then the chaos began. The CRV behind her was able to stop safely but the Suburban was still doing a little dance and hit the front of her car AND THEN the toyota in front of us (it was a little truck so you know the back is super light and only hinders the truck) started spinning. I saw my cars life flash before my eyes. Maybe mine as well but it wasn't as vivid of a crunch. Gosh I sound horrible. Well anyways. The Toyota is spinning and when he's right, seriously right, about to stop his passenger door and whole side panel stop on the CRVs metal carrier for a wheel chair sort of thing. You know what I am talking about. So all of that's happening and we are tryin to stay in our lane (the far left lane of a four lane highway) and stop as fast as we can so we don't hit anybody else. All I can hear is my mom saying "oh shit they're not goign to stop!" She's talking about the people behind us. I turn around and all I see is a bunch of cars heading towards us. Beautiful. Why I turned around I don't know I could have been more hurt. Well sorry for the cursing right now but the dumbshit in the lane to the very right of us decided to get into our lane. Why move into the lane where the accident is all occuring God only knows because I sure as all get out do not know. Well said DS decided to hit my car and another car. My poor baby :( It really wasn't as bad as it could have been. Somehow the guy that was to the right of us got all the way to the left, not sure how that occurred. The lady that was ACTUALLY behind us was able to stop before hitting us. We were more than fine just grumpy from being A) Hungry and B) Thirsty because we were supposed to be drinking drinks at the pull getting some SUN. It's okay though. Everybody was okay other than the poor lady in the CRV that was having some neck and back pain. I really do hope she is okay.
- I had a little more to say but I can easily write it for tomorrow or a late afternoon post. Hope y'all have a great day!








No comments:
Post a Comment