Friday, August 27, 2010

This is going to be a hodgepodge of everything in this post and I am sorry if it takes a spiraling turn for the worst. Who doesn't like lists so I'm just going to write it like that.




  1. I love seeing other people's opinions on a matter whether I agree with them or not. I feel like you grow when you get someone else's views because it is being looked at from another side and when is it a bad thing to look at it from a different angle. You get a more thorough look at what you are discussing and maybe, just maybe, your view will evolve a little bit. I do have to say though that it's absolutely disgusting when people write a post explaining how they feel about a situation on their blog and people can't give a mature response back to them. A tactful response to say the least. There is absolutely zero reason to attack someone and/or talk down to someone because their views do not line up completely with that person. I understand there we have the freedom to say what we want to but this is just absolutely unnecessary.
  2. I am starting to dislike my job more and more each and every day passing. Where I actually work isn't that big of a deal and doesn't need to named- just prefacing this. I closed last Friday and after being up at 6:00 for school being at work until 11:30 or after was just out of the question. We were slow the last 30 minutes and got one customer in at the very beginning of that last thirty minutes. What would any smart person do if it's so slow. Start closing stuff down, making it THAT much easier to close when we are able to lock up the store. We were doing some production that morning and the waffle irons were on until late so when we were closing they were still relatively warm and so a coworker and I decided that it was no big deal I would just clean it when I came in the next day. No biggie. I have never had any issues with doing this, other people have done it, as well as I have done it and nothing was brought to my attention of this being the wrong thing to do. I ran errands for work when I was NOT on the clock because they needed to be done. I didn't complain. I didn't have any issues with it because I wouldn't have been doing anything productive if I hadn't anyways. I come in to work later that after. A total of three times seeing the owners daughter. We have a pretty good repretour (is that how you spell that word? Sorry if it's wrong) and I knew if anything was wrong from the night before she would have brought it to my attention. Well I come in Monday and I am working and everything is going fine and my manager K looks at me and does the whole "we need to talk" thing. Well she goes on to tell me that the owner's daughter told her that the place looked like shit when she came in and that I had just left the waffle irons dirty. I left a note telling her they were still hot when we left but that I would do them. This detail was left out. I may have been tired the night before but I looked over every surface of that store and it didn't look bad by any means. BBBUUUTTT because the waffle irons weren't finished the close was down the shitter. That's beautiful. We also I guess had turned the neon lights off 10 minutes before we closed because one of the owner's friends was going to get ice cream and saw that the lights were off and didn't come in to get ice cream. This is embarassing to the owner which is why I needed to be talked to. Well I was bummed about that conversation but I am glad that I was told because nobody that I know that I work with knows about the waffle irons being an issue so we might as well get that out there so it doesn't happen again. I am going to say this so don't say I am just bitching about getting "slapped on the hand" in essense. I WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT I AM DOING WRONG, I CAN'T FIX WHAT'S WRONG WITHOUT BEING TOLD THAT I AM DOING IT INCORRECTLY. This is the only way to grow in your job. Well I came in Wednesday and I was told AGAIN all the shit that I did wrong the Friday before. Same owner, same manager... how don't they get that I FUCKING GOT IT! Good grief Charlie Brown. I am not slow. Well through our conversation come to find out the owner has preconcieved notions about me and that's why in the two years I have worked at this place I have gotten a whopping ONE raise. All the good things that I have done, all the hard work has gone on deaf ears and has meant nothing. The general manager was singing my praises and the owner ignored it, K has done the same thing and it's gotten me nowhere. I honestly have NEVER heard even once of what a good job I have done by the owner... barely ever by K. If you are gonna work your butt off and get nothing for it and there be absolutely no initiative to do a good job in any form, then why are you going to do a good job? Yet I mess up on one night with something that I ignorantly thought was a-okay and I am now being told (I was told this one Wednesday) that if it ever happened again I was going to be fired. I dread going to work now. Even working with people that I absolutely adore I can't get a genuine smile off my face. Only 100 more days and I am no longer working at this place. I will have graduated, am going on my cruise, spending time with my mom for whatever she has planned for my graduation present, packing up my place, finding a place in Virginia, and moving to Virginia. Not too much longer. I can do this if I like it or not.
  3. After all this negative I have to do something a little bit positive. This weather right now is so beautiful. The cool crispness against your skin and being able to wear a light cover up or three quarter length sleeves. This is the best time of year- at least to me it is.
  4. Next weekend is the start of Gator Football! Sept 4th at noon is the kickoff of UF v. Miami University. I am ready to for some football... thank goodness college ball is back because I can't take anymore of this Professional football talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment