Dreams,
I know I wrote about you the just yesterday but I am so glad how things have worked out the last few years. I know that you have changed over times from being a forensic pathologist to a professor. After I finished my freshman year of college I was so uncertain and I had so much anxiety from not wanting to know what I wanted to do with my life. I felt like I was wasting time here at USC. I have no earthly idea why I was so intent of getting a minor since I didn't need one, a cognate was all that my advisor had really said would be good. I saw Marine Science on there and I just had to try it out... what could it hurt right? I am not sure what was pushing me towards that course but I am beyond glad of whatever it was because it's changed everything. After discovering marine science the world was at my feet as to what I wanted to do with it. I was searching around for internships and I saw alligator conservation. With my obsession with alligators, crocodiles, caiman, etc it was just an easy fit. It got me to thinking about conservation efforts and when I was looking things up coastal management encompassed just that. Who knew that something like that would cover so many things and again I can still do so much with that! I know I have so much money to pay back in loans but I know all of it will be worth it. I know things will work out with a second degree and then getting my masters and maybe one day a pHd. I know I want to make a difference in one fashion or another. I hope that I can help out the government with seeing what they NEED to do to make a difference and let the coasts not be ruined by our ignorance.
No comments:
Post a Comment