Friday, September 17, 2010

Team Rivalries

So I got my two phone calls the last two days right? Well yesterday I am talking to Laine and he's all "BABY!!! I'VE GOT A BEARD!" Laine isn't huge on growing out facial hair normally so the fact that he was excited about it was cute. It's getting colder over in Afghanistan so I guess it works?!?!? With their living situations it makes sense I suppose. Well anyways here's the gyst of the conversation:

Him: "Baby! I've got a beard!!"
Me: "A beard?? *laugh* That's great."
Him: something I can't remember
Me: "I would love to see that"
Him: "It's red too!"
Me: "umm... you have black hair... it's red??"
Him: "Yeah!!! It's red and black. Black through the sideburns area and then red at the front and all."
Me: "oh goodness."
Him: "It just shows... it IS in my blood! Being a Georgia fan has that red and black running through my veins."
Me: "No worries... we'll dye it for you!"
Him: "To orange and blue or something?"
Me: "ummm... nnooo? maybeeee. *whispers* yea :-/ hehe"

For some reason reading this now it doesn't seem as funny as it was at the time. Gesh.

Y'all may be sitting here wondering why this is important/funny to me. Laine's whole family are Gamecock fans. Laine didn't feel like "going the norm" and decided that hey he likes red and they're rivals with the Gamecocks so he would become a Georgia bulldog fan. I have grown up a Florida fan. I would be nothing other than a Florida fan NO MATTER WHAT! Well if you know much about the SEC or even anything about Florida at all you know that the Gators have two rivals, the FSU Seminoles and the Georgia Bulldogs. You don't look into going school there because that's just crazy talk. Well. For some unknown reason (I like to think so I can convert him to the right way of thinking) I am dating the "enemy" so to speak. Football season is interesting to say the least but in the end it's fun. I just think it's funny that he of all people said that it runs through his blood which is why his beard is multicolored. Goof. BUT! If he did have a beard and feel asleep I may be half tempted to actually dye it a few different colors and make some comment about how his heart has changed and that's proof of it :D I can't wait to get him home because we are having a shopping trip. He is buying me Georgia gear and I am getting him Florida gear. This is for when we go to the respective school's games. All the pictures that will be taken of him in Florida gator apparel :). Little does he know I will never say out loud "How bout them dawgs!!!" *bleh* GROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment