Monday, September 27, 2010

October Care Packages

The beginning of each month I am going to put up care package ideas for the next month since it takes time to buy everything for your care package and then get it to the guys. I know with Laine it took over a month just to get to him but I know that was a special/weird case. I know this is late in September but the only main holiday I could find for October is Halloween. So for this post I am just going to do a Halloween care package as well as since it's the start of football season a little something to bring home to him (if he likes football that is).

Halloween care package:



  1. Halloween candy

    • candy corn
    • eye ball gum balls
    • Gummy Worms
    • skittles
    • starbursts
    • really just raid the candy section in Target and Walmart
    • Cookies that you've used Halloween cookie cutters on
    • Just remember that it's still hot here so chocolate candies may not be the smartest of ideas
    • Rice Krispies


  2. If you can find little pumpkin holders you can put candy in it for each of the guys your significant other is there with. Even just little bags filled with little gifts/candy/etc are great. They'll love it!

  3. Halloween decorations
    • caution tape
    • spider web mimic fabric
    • stickers
    • etc
    • At Target, Walmart, and the dollar store you can get plastic toys (cobwebs, rats, bats, ghosts, pumpkins, etc)
    • Raid the dollar section in Target and the dollar tree for other cheap gifts like glow sticks, other little toys, silly string (this one is questionable because I know some units aren't very fond of it and they could get in trouble. Ask about it before buying it

  4. Stuff for them to have some fun with : funny teeth, face paint

  5. Make a soundtrack of some Halloween classic songs

  6. Halloween coloring books with crayons

  7. Pictures of Halloweens that y'all have spent together

  8. Scary Movies - google them if you don't know

  9. When you are decorating your package you may want to go out and buy halloween stickers. I would pack it up tight using orange and black packaging, the cobswebs packing stuff you can buy in bags, you can sprinkle through halloween confetti as well


Here's an example of what one ladies carepackage looked like from this website



Football care package:


  1. Sport Magazines

  2. Burned DVDs of the games that have occurred
    • This can be added to your regular care packages while the season progresses

  3. Newspaper clippings how his team is doing
    • These can include updates about the game and what people thought of the game

  4. Little nicknacks for his team
    • UF has "beat *insert team name*" for each game. If his team does that it'd be cute!

  5. A toy football

  6. A koozie for his drinks

  7. Any games that he may like
    • Corn hole (something make shift- smaller than what you'd normally use. He'll still appreciate it)

  8. Normal game day foods
    • Pretzels

    • Chips

    • Tostito Chips

    • Salsa

    • Slim Jims

    • Fritos and some bean dips

    • Twizzlers

    • Trail Mix

    • Popcorn

    • Pistachios

    • Cookies

  9. I'd decorate your care package in little things that are specific to his favorite football team and their

3 comments:

  1. great ideas!! thanks for sharing! your too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have you in the Fall Swap. Can you send me your address and I'll reply with mine? lewisk@email.unc.edu

    ReplyDelete