Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 1- Letter to your bestfriend

(a picture four and a half years ago at our senior prom in high school)

My dearest friend Mrs. P,
When I met your twin 6 years ago I didn't really think anything of it. All I could think was thank God someone is actually nice in this town. I had just moved from Florida to North Carolina and everyone seemed to have a stick up their butts and had NO sense of humor whatsoever. After Ash and I became friends I ended up meeting you. You were way too funny, you spoke your mind no matter what anybody thought, and I knew there was something about you that would make you a lifetime friend not just someone passing through. I miss our days of just sitting on your back deck talking. Nothing can compare to back deck talks. All the big and little things are talked about there. I can't even count the number of times that we drove around aimlessly and just talked and joked around. I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life than when I was with you. Do you remember when we drove around your neighborhood going 5 mph with our seats laying back, blasting the most ridiculous music possible, and trying to NOT laugh. And. Not to wreck my car in our pursuit. I knew that in a few short months we would both be heading off to college and it was one of those moments that I would keep with not knowing the next time I'd see you. I know through college we only saw each other over breaks because we were HORRIBLE at getting away and seeing each other. I still don't know what Cullowhee is like and you still don't know what Columbia is like. ahah. I doubt it will ever happen either with you being down in Tampa with your husband and me leaving soon to go up to Virginia.

Thank you for being the friend that so few people can actually be. Thank you for being the sister that my mom didn't give me. Thank you for being the person I can run to when things are going wrong and inside (and outside) I am freaking out. You always know exactly what to say to calm me down and make things okay. I am not sure what I am going to do with us being so many states away from each other. My airline miles will be racking up with me going to see you or my car will be going up and up in it's overall mileage. No matter what you know that I am here for you through everything. I know Pieter will one day deploy and I will be right there for you and you will become Laine and I's new roommate. I know you would do the same for me.

I can't wait for our next coffee date one of these days down the roads!!!!

Love,
Miss E. (or as you like to say future Mrs. P so we can PP together)

2 comments:

  1. yay for best friends right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute. The part about cullowhee.... I LOVE Cullowhee. Did she go to WCU? Thats where I went. To explain the Whee .... Cooler than Clt less humid, surrounded by mountains which are gorgeous and the sunset over them is beautiful. You should go and see it sometime. Its a small town where you got to go to Sylva to get groceries and whatever else besides Chinese on the back road of campus and a couple other little shops that are in the middle of camups. :) Hope that helps. And best friends are Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete