Saturday, July 10, 2010

My new place!

So my original reasoning for going missing for a while was because my mom was coming into town to help my move everything to my new apartment. Of course we didn't end up finishing packing until the day of moving (only just the little random things that went into a misc box). Well the 1st we signed everything and finally got to unload both of our cars. We went back to my old place and Amber, Andy, and I came back with another load, I was guiding them, their cars were the only ones that were filled because they were still at the apartment when we were finished because Amber wasn't feeling good. After bringing all those boxes into the new place I headed back to the apartment AGAIN... yes a lot of back and forth nonsense ensued. Well I had hired Two Men and a Truck because I didn't have a vehicle that could hold all of my bigger stuff and the heavier boxes so we waited for them. They were an hour and a half late but the guys were so apologetic and they did such a great job. I felt horrible because that morning it had been cloudy and not that bad to move any of the stuff but by the time they got to my place the sun was out and the typical Columbia, SC weather back full force. They were DRENCHED in sweat. Again- felt horrible. We did end up tipping them both quite a bit after everything was in my new apartment. So here are some pictures. The first collage is obv my bedroom, my closet, and my bathroom. The second is my little outlet for my computer and such, my dining room, and my sunroom. The third is my kitchen. Then the fourth is my living room. When I was moving into my apartment I didn't have any living room stuff other than my side tables I had just bought a month before and my dvd stand... well my mom and I were on a mission to find a couch as a late birthday present for me. The picture to the left of the picture of my couch is "pre-couch" and then my amazing new couch :) I found a chair and ottoman that I want to get along with it but I need to save up money for it. As you can see there are red and cream pillows on my choc couch... well Laine originally wanted a red couch but I knew we would get tired of it so I got a chocolate couch and then I am buying a red chair and ottoman and then I am going to get choc and cream pillows to tie it all together. We stopped by best buy on the way back to buy the couch and set up a time for it to be delivered. We had no intentions of buying a television unless we could find a good deal. Well on consumer reports the best 32'' TVs were samsung (1st and 3rd place)... well Best Buy was had a sale going on and the number 3 TV was down from 550 to 450. Well when we got there, there just happened to be an "open box" of that TV for 400. When we talked to the guy about the difference he wouldn't tell us which one he would buy if it were up to him but he made the comment "Well we can sell you the box for 50$ so we felt that was a given that was what he would have done. Well.... how can you pass up a 550 dollar TV that was 150 dollars off? I couldn't obviously because I BOUGHT IIITTTT!! lol. I had a few giftcards so it was even less. I was so proud because my first TV I bought wasn't paid for through my credit card it was with my debit, so basically cash :) Now to save for my chair and ottoman, a second DVD player/blu ray player for my room, and a DVR system that I am crossing my fingers my dad will get me for my graduation present ;)







2 comments:

  1. I love moving into new places it's like a brand new fresh start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe it all looks so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete