In my pursuit of procrastination of studying for my exam that I have tomorrow I decided to watch 'The Bachelorette' from this Monday that I missed. It was Amber's b-day on Monday so I was busy all night and was not able to watch it. Well I am first going to write about the episode and then I'll write about my real reason for opening up "new post" button and doing all of this...
This week it was Roberto, Chris, and Frank. the date with Roberto was so adorable with having started being on a helicopter together and then ending it with a helicopter ride together. He really has shown to be at least some support system for her. I wonder though if are more in lust than anything. Have they EVER had a substantial conversation? None that I have seen even though we obviously don't see everything since it is just a television series. I personally think though that Chris and her are the cutest thing since Laine and I got together... yeah I know nobody could top us.. Oh gosh I am just playing. ANYWAYS!!! They seem to have such a deeper connection than her connection with Roberto. I feel like there is a physical aspect there but they are able to talk about things that are important in people's lives. I feel like he is the best pick for her but again I may be biased. Frank from the get go was in my top 3 but he got so whiney that he was promptly kicked off my top and I was to the point of either shape up or ship out because one can only take so much. A part of me is glad that he left on his own terms even if the way that he did it was horrendous. Alli deserved more but I think that in the end she has two guys that are more than amazing that I feel could give her so much more than what Frank could have. Frank was too wishy washy. The best of luck to him and retainer girl-- Nicole.
Okay so the point of me explaining how I felt about the bachelorette this week was because of how Roberto and Chris were professing their love for Alli. The whole time that the different guys were talking about how they weren't sure how to tell her I couldn't help but think of how Laine told me and how I told him that I loved him. I felt like today was better than ever to write it down so that no matter how senile I get one day I can look at this and remember that day even though I have no earthly idea how I would forget it... I guess I'll start with how we met and how our relationship evolved and whatnot. Just fyi this is going to be in a two or three part post because if I were to write it in one big long post it would be way too long for anybody to want to read.
Laine and I met the beginning of December but didn't start talking until December 17th. I wasn't looking for anything because I had just completely gotten over my psycho ex, David, just before. I was enjoying my time being single and not having to worry about a guy that was in my life. I met him and we ended up talking all the time. There were times that we would talk all day. Of course this wasn't during my time that I was at school, that time was spent studying of course ;) Well mind you at the same time he is deployed. His R&R isn't til April so while he is gone we are just getting to know each other. We talked about most of the most random things but if anything I can talk someone's ear off so we were never low on conversation topics. After a few months I was a bit smitten with the man that I had grown to know with the time that we had been given. It had gotten to the point that even if he were about to go on a mission he'd call, text, or IM me to let me know he'd be gone for a little while and I'd be the person that he would call the second he had gotten back. I ended up buying us concert tickets to a show of one of his favorite groups and one of my favorite groups as well for when he was home, hoping to God that they didn't change any dates so that we would for sure be able to go together. I bought A Day to Remember's CDs so that I would know their songs when they were playing and I already knew all of the Silverstein songs so I was going to be A-okay! I wasn't worrying about the other bands I knew I'd be fine no matter what.
Well the time finally came for him to come home and things ended up moving faster he had expected and he was home two days earlier than expected. The plans that we had were getting moved around- you know how the guys are when they first get home and they're just so excited and end up making more plans then they are able to go through with. I was sure I was going to be one of those plans that had to be put to the side because of all the other plans that had been made. We barely talked and I was a little anxious that what I had thought may happen was going to. I drove down to Augusta bright and early on Friday (April 1) like we had decided and I was greeted at his dad's place with a man with the biggest smile on his face. I went to give him a hug and he grimiced a little and I was like oh wow really? It ended up just being his tattoo that was on his upper arm that he had just gotten the day before. Him, his dad, his brother, and I all ended up driving to go see his car since it was still in the shop. While he was gone he ended up getting a body kit, a new paint job, and a few other things done to his car because he is very particular about how his car is. I wouldn't be surprised if when we get to Virginia he ends up wanting to change some other stuff around on it. Well it was a little awkward because when I first meet people- his dad and brother- I am a little on the quiet side so I really didn't talk much. I felt horrible but I had no earthly idea what they were talking about (local people that Laine had grown up around). We got to the autoshop and the car looked amazing other than the fact that his car wasn't finished. Everything had gotten painted the day before but there isn't just one step to getting a paint job on your car so it would actually take another day or two before it was going to even be finished. Well... he had to part of the rest of what he owed for it for whatever reason. He asked me if I'd want to go to the bank and when his brother was trying to say he'd go to Laine was all adament about how he didn't want his brother to go. The conversations we had isn't important but I have to say of everything the most memorable part of it was my trash talking of UGA that he had to of known was coming and then me turning up the music when "Believing" came on the CD that his dad had in the car. I hate singing in the car with other people but the both of us ended up singing right along, but seriously if you think about it. Who CAN'T sing to that song when it comes on?
When we got back to his dad's place he got his clothes and headed off to Atlanta after making a stop at Olive Garden for lunch (yum yum yummmm). Okay now a three hour drive later we were finally in Atlanta and getting ready for the show that night. We had such a late lunch that we didn't end up eating before heading off to the show, we were both too excited to actually stop somewhere before going. Well we got to the show and the main thing that both of us were thinking was where in the world are the people that are OUR age!!! I swear to you guys everybody looked like they were fresh out of 10th grade. We were the old farts in the building other than the bouncers, bar tenders, and the actual members of the bands. Some of the opening bands were a bit off... there was Veara that was absolutely amazing! I will make a post in the next few days talking about them. If you haven't heard of them look them up. There was also this British band and let me just say they were smoking something good because they were OUT there! There another band that was pretty good but they obviously weren't that great because I can't remember a damn thing about what they were like or whatnot. While the last band was out we went outside so Laine could smoke and we could talk without a million kidlets running around us. We get back inside and Silverstein is about to come out and I am PUMPED. I have been listening to this band for the past 8 years (they've been out 10) and I've had tickets to their concerts 4 different times and for one reason or another was never able to go. It was funny because we were standing there waiting to go and Laine would get us closer in and then I'd go in front of him because he knew that I loved them. The funny part being that he had his hands so lightly on my waist to the point that it was barely noticeable that they were even there. In my mind I was thinking "SERIOUSLY!?!?! Just put your hands on my waist and be done with it".. Silverstein was amazing, I can't complain about anything other than the fact that I wish they had played longer. The singer for Silverstein went down to the merch tables after performing until A Day to Remember was out. Well in between them was August Burns Red that I am personally not a fan of. Thank goodness Laine was not feeling them that night because I was just not feeling it. I didn't feel like getting hit by any of the people that were there because they were getting into the music. That's what they do if you didn't know. I like my face and the rest of my body too much to want to get hit by some random person. But anyways... I ended up getting a shirt (thank you Laine!!! I don't carry cash so I didn't think anything of it til I got there that these sorts of shows DON'T take cash. agh.) and then I got my shirt signed :-) It is still in my closet all nice and pretty. I was so excited you can't really even explain it.
Well August Burns Red was FINALLY finished so we got two bottles of water because it was as hot as hades in the building and we went to find a good spot for when A Day to Remember came out. We had GREAT spots and guess what y'all!!!! He finally just did it. Well I may have helped him a little bit but he ended up having his hands on my waist. I will keep all the mushy gushy stuff off of here but it was nice. I had my head back on his shoulder and we were just standing there waiting for them to have everything together. A Day to Remember comes out and wow. There's nothing else to say but I was seriously being moved around by the crowd because I wasn't exactly ready for them to come out. Laine got me and put me behind him while we moved closer and closer to the wall because it wasn't as bad closer to the wall... that's where we stayed the whole time. Well the show was amazing!!! Laine went crowd surfing and got up on stage with ADTR and in the process some guy hit him and he hit the guy in the face... I have no idea I wasn't in that area at the time. The rest of the time we were dancing/jumping/headbanging/etc that they do at these shows and he was behind me... Well the end of the show was coming up, we are both drenched in sweat because it was so damn hot as I have previously stated- mind you that was totally gross. And he's leaning up against the wall and I looked at him and asked him if he'd enjoyed it and blah blah blah... well somehow we ended up having our first kiss there. I have always heard of people kissing someone and everything just fading away around them but I had never had one of those moments. Until then. It was such an amazing kiss. Gosh. I can't think about it without getting the biggest smile on my face. ADTR had gotten off the stage at this time and everybody was freaking out about having an encore. We went and paid out our tab at the bar and then we left while they were doing their encore song. We walked the two miles through downtown Atlanta to get back to our hotel but before doing that we went and got some dinner. Yes, it was a ridiculously late dinner but good heavens was it delicious. It may have not been as delicious as I remember it but after not having eaten for 9 hours and being so physically active it was necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment