Monday, June 14, 2010

You know what they say about it

I haven't been able to sit down and breath this whole weekend but it really wasn't a bad thing since I was able to pass out and have a nice four hour nap today...

So Thursday was my friend E.B.'s 21st birthday so a bunch of her friends were going to get together on Friday and go out. She got a room at the Westin in downtown Charlotte and we were going to end up going out to the Epicenter since there are of different bars and such down in that general area. Well last minute she decided that she didn't feel like going to the bars downtown and we ended up going to this country bar, Coyote Joes, that was about 20 minutes away from where we were staying. I am not gonna lie I was not thrilled at all with this whole change of plans because I may enjoy country music but I really don't want to go to a bar and listen to country music... maybe Coyote Ugly because of the feel of the place but otherwise eh I was very unsure. It wasn't my birthday though so it wasn't my decision and I was going to make it to where E.B. had the best birthday possible. We went out to Wild Wings for dinner and then went and changed at the hotel and subsequently went to Coyote Joes. We got there and it wasn't super busy but it did end up picking up... I enjoyed myself thoroughly and I really didn't end up having to take care of E.B. like I felt I was going to have to do so the first time in a few months I was able to actually drink and I cannot lie I did get a bit drunk. lol.

Saturday we went to this little place downtown that is called "Eggheads" and had breakfast and let me tell you, it was the BEST 6.50 + tip that I have spent recently. I got a bunch of eggs, two pieces of bacon, potatoes, and toast... I really wanted some cheese grits but his idea of cheese grits was most likely instant grits that he said he'd put a slice of cheese on top... woah there buddy no bueno, no thank you but thank you... I got to hang out with mi madre afterwards and it was just a good time. Miss Belle is doing great and who doesn't enjoy hanging out with their mothers. I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

Sunday I was at work and then after I got off I helped my roomie move into her new place.. it is hot as Hades out there and it didn't help that I need to do laundry and thus had to wear jeans... oh boy. It's such a cute place though and perfect for them. I am so excited for her. It also means that I am close to moving into my new place and then I'll be moving to VA... SPEAKING OF THAT!!! Laine and I talked last night and we have set our limit for a place and I showed him the place that I had found that wasn't all that bad, but I know there are better places out there... We are going up in January after my graduation present with my mom and he'll be on leave from Germany so we will be doing that trip and getting things figured out. This stuff is SO much work! Good heavens almighty

No comments:

Post a Comment