Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mortality Week and Thursday Five

This week is Mortality week over at this page.
Each day this week Brandi is going to post a question about mortality or death and then we blog about it!!! Today is day 1!

One week left to live, where would you go?


You can chose to have an unlimited amount of money, or you can chose to abide by how much is in your account at the moment.

I think I would first go and pick up my mom in Charlotte so we could head down to Florida together with Laine. I think I would just want to spend time at the beach with my feet in the sand and just enjoy myself. I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida so I would want to spend most of my time there. I would want to go down to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine because I keep telling Laine that I really want to show him my passion and what I would love to work with-- crocodillians. I am obsessed with them and wouldn't be happier than to be with the two things that I love most. I would also go down to Titusville and Mims to be with the rest of my family for a few days. Cook in the kitchen with my grandma and have that Italian family feel all around you. It's what I thrive for...




Thursday Five


Happy Happy Thursday Friends!

It's almost Friday!!

Cause around Mannland..Thursday's a day for happiness..for inspiration..So what do ya say..Let's get inspired!

Wanna play..post five things that have made you..

Happy

Grateful

Jubilant

Ecstatic

Thankful

  1. My roommate moved almost all of her stuff to her new apartment and even if that may not seem as a happy go lucky thing or that I have something against her, I do NOT... this just means that 1 week, 6 days, and 12 hours from now I will be signing my lease and moving into my new apartment
  2. To go along with my excitement of moving I have A) scheduled for Two Men and a Truck to come by and pick up my big furniture that will not fit into any of our vehicles, I have scheduled my electricity to be moved over on the same day, I have emailed the office of the store I work at so they can change my address for whatever reason that they may have, and I have also started packing.
  3. Amber's wedding is right around the corner. This also means that her bachelorette shower is a little over a week away. I will post the details of all of that in another post, but everything is set up to be ready for it on my part: I have bought her gift for the shower and I have my appointments set up so that I look good on the day of the wedding since I'll be in so many of the pictures.
  4. For the first time in a month I was able to talk to my baby on the phone, as silly as that may sound it's not the same talking to him through the computer because our connections sucks so bad... but for some reason I can hear him crystal clear but he can hear me most of the time and then it cuts in and out and I get frustrated. I got to hear him laugh and we were talking about all the things that we were going to do when we get up to Virginia and when he gets back into town in general- double dates with Amber since she wants to get to know him more and I would LOVE for my friends to get to know him so much better because they will love him (the ones that already don't at least)... Each day hurts worse knowing that I miss him so damn much, but it also brings happiness because I know it's one day closer to him being out of that darned place and him being back where he belongs with me.
  5. I am on the fence about this last one... my best friend N is moving down to Florida. She went down there a few days ago and set up the apartment for her and her boyfriend. He just joined the Air Force and obviously the only way that they could really live together is for them to get married. Thus, comes the JOP... I told her that I HAD to know when so that I could be there for it because I couldn't live with myself not being there. I know she doesn't want everyone to know, but I also know she wants her two sisters and me there and I can't speak for her sisters but I'll be damned if I am not there. I love that she's happy with this man and I love them together. It's just heartbreaking to know that we are both going down the paths that we are meant to go down, but she isn't 5 minutes down the road anymore. With what her soon to be hubby does and what Laine does we will most likely never be near each other... I guess it just means I'll be racking up those frequent flier miles or my lil Civic will see even more highways than it already has. Our friendship is one of those ones that you can nor ever will let go of.

2 comments:

  1. Ok the mortality thing is a bit creepy. But the rest, YAY for conversations with our men today! As excited as you were for your phone call, I was the same way about an IM-ing conversation. It's such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw but you know I was just as excited to talk to him that morning through our very early IM session.

    ReplyDelete