Saturday, June 19, 2010

The weekend, exciting updates, and a bachelorette party

7 months-ish til we move to Charlottesville, VA.

A part of me feelings like we won't have anything planned and that we won't be ready when we have to move there. A part of me wishes that it would just get here already because I miss him so much and just want him here so that I am not here figuring everything out by myself especially when it's near impossible to find anything online- selfish yes I know. All of these stresses with school, moving now, calling all these people for different appointments, my roommate's wedding and all the parties that occur beforehand, etc are starting to get to me and I really just am not sure what to do. Sorry for the whining but I'm getting to the point that I am far more than a little bit over this deployment. I also know that 7 month is a long time, but I am a planner and like things set up and planned out so when the days get here I don't have to worry about anything but getting up there and getting established. After Laine get's back from Afghanistan he's going straight back to Germany so there's that wondering of when we'll do everything so that we are set.

Ok now after my bitching- so sorry y'all!!!
I had to let y'all know... my cousin is in remission again!! She doesn't have any leukemic cells in her body from what they can tell so thank God! All the prayers that were headed her way were answered. I hope that it stays away...

This weekend was really amazing. I worked every day this weekend but I got out early enough each day that I was able to relax and catch up on my sleep like I have been needing to. Saturday I got home early and so I was planning on packing up a lot of my room since I had so much time. Well the roomie was home and she was wanting to go to Target or Walmart (had my fingers crossed for Target but it didn't happen... boo) and organize her closet in her apartment because she has a lot of crafts stuff for her classroom that she collected through out college. Well we ended up doing that from 4 to midnight. I didn't get a darn thing finished in my room. I blame her solely for this fact. haha. I really didn't mind because I am hoping that she'd do the same thing for me. She IS driving back from Edisto early the 1st to help me move into my new apartment!!

In other good news: I got my exam back today.... and this lady here got herself a 100 on her second Italian exam- yes you read that right!!! Now to get started making notecards for the stuff that we talked about today since we have another exam on Thursday. Good gracious. This class is great but the time between exams is so limited it just makes me worried I won't remember all the words.

The planning for the roomie's bridal shower/bachelorette party with her close friends now includes me calling around places. Mind you I am NOT the MOH and I haven't been involved because well... there hasn't been a need and it's really not my responsibility. This whole thing is THIS Friday and yesterday Ash was told that she has a room in her apartment building that we can use. Just tomorrow??? Good grief. Part of the party was going to be a passion party. If you don't know what they are look at this site. We thought it'd be fun, but Ash had gotten ahold of over 6 people and all of them had canceled on her. She may have been slacking til about 2 weeks ago (remember- me being a planner I would have loved it to be done a lot earlier) and so all of this has been very last minute. Well this morning she called me and said someone had finally contacted her and that here's to thinking we are going to have a passion party. I have a list of different possible things we could do. If y'all have any ideas they are more than welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. That is FABULOUS news about your cousin!! I'm a planner too. I stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey therre!

    I finished your button, you can find it in my post! let me know if you need help putting it on your blog! Hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete