My brain feels like it's going to explode. There is just way too much information rolling around up there for me to think of anything else right now other than Italian. Why may you ask... well there is Exam 2 tomorrow and though it may have felt like we haven't gone over much there's a HUGE stack of notecards sitting in front of me. If I had done one word for each notecard it would easily be around 4 times as large. So depressing. I go to bed some days sitting there saying something to myself and trying to remember exactly what it means. I think this may be a sickness. I may go get some help for this before it gets any worse.
It'll be worth it in the end right? Hopefully I'll be going to Italy sometime soon. So write it down-- if you need an Italian translator call me up, email me, smoke signal, morse code, carrier pigeon, ANYTHING basically me. If anything we can poke a few holes in your luggage and stuff me in there. Hey- it's possible. I really do wonder if anybody has ever tried that because I know plenty of people that say that phrase and I think I may die from laughing is someone has tried. The main reason that I wanted to take Italian was because A) I want to eventually move to Italy for a few years and B) my nana is getting up in age (94) and I want to be able to call her up or when I finally head back down to Florida to see her just talk to her a little bit in her native language. She moved here with her parents. It's also kind of like getting to know a little bit more of what my family before my dad's generation was because most of my family is from Italy. That may be silly but eh whatever.
We've been talking about clothes and food lately.. who doesn't love food! I hate food ya know... absolutely despise it. If only this were true then I'd be in a little better shape. I love cooking and I love trying new foods- most days. Terrible stereotype of Italians, but in all honesty I don't know a single Italian that doesn't love food (I'm Italian just fyi). It's pretty bad I am sitting here of all the foods I would love to have right now and I am getting hungry. This isn't good.
Oh and I just wanted to say for my last post about packing-- those of y'all that said you liked packing and not unpacking... why? I would do without the whole packing thing, but I do love unpacking. I think it's because I have a vision in my head of knowing exactly where I want things in my new apartment plus I love redecorating my stuff and in a sense that's what I'd be doing- just not in a place I have been before. It's something new.
That's not silly, its fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your exam, girl!! I know you'll do great :)
ReplyDeleteFor me...unpacking...just not as fun! I love seeing that my old place/house is getting all ready for my next chapter. I swear, I wish I could just snap my fingers and it would all transfer over! Ha! Yea....in my dreams!!