Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Keeping the Romance Alive

10 Ways that help keep the Romance alive
Sidenote: Please remember everything you do does NOT have to be sexual!!!
  1. Send a lingerie catalog and have him pick out the perfect outfit for when he gets home.
  2. Leave little notes on/in different items that he has brought with him- sticky notes work. For example leave a note with his toothpaste that says “I love your smile!” and on his shampoo bottle “I love running my finger through/over your hair.”
  3. Send coupons that he can redeem when he gets home. For example “One free massage.”
  4. Send with him cards that he opens at a certain interval, 2 weeks, which you wrote before he left.
  5. Burn a CD with songs that have special meaning to the both of you.
  6. Get pictures done, by a friend or professionally, that you can send to him- for his eyes only if you want.
  7. Laine and I can text from time to time so short and sweet text messages to remind him I love him, am thinking of him, and can’t wait for him to get home.
  8. Send lists of your top 10 things… I love about you, that you do to drive nuts but it’s okay, songs that remind me of you, things you do to make smile, etc
  9. Get him to laugh, it’s stressful over there, and you being his outlet and his little place away from all of that is precious.
  10. Make a scrapbook or photobook of the progression of your relationship, things you did before he left, things that you did on a normal day basis, anything to remind him of home that he can look at when he’s homesick.

2 comments:

  1. These are all such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9! What can I say, I'm a sap!

    ReplyDelete