Sunday, October 17, 2010

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low

There's so much to write about but so little time to actually sit down and type all of it out. Bullet points time!!!!


School is slowly getting finished. One day at a time. 55 days until graduation I think?? It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. This whole graduating thing is mighty expensive if you ask me. 90 dollars just for 25 announcements, thank you cards, return addresses, and like two other little things you put on the cards. Oh and a cap and gown I will wear for 2 hours and never ever pick up again- price unknown because I told them I'd wait for the "make up" day to dish out that cash. I have a 92 average for my history class at the moment... all I have to do it have my final and ace all of these quizzes and we'll call it a DAY! Computer science is... well computer science. It's nothing too major to stress about but it's worth giving it a good try because anything but an A is just wrong with this course. Senior seminar is slowly going by but I really really REALLLLLLY need to work on my presentation since it's a huge thing. I have a month to work on it so I just need to get on it soon so I can practice my presentation. Marine Ecology is.... bleh. It's my least favorite class because it is by the far the most boring of them all. I have taken this course before so I don't see the point in having an upper 500 level course when you aren't adding in anything new! Population Genetics is such an interesting class to say the least. The professor is my advisor and he's amazing and you expect it to be pretty chill, but good lord almighty I got our take home exam and it was... scary. Not sure when we are supposed to get our grades back but I am not looking forward to it.


My best friend is getting married. It was supposed to be next July but due to the lovely things called deployments she had to push it up to... December 12th (the day before my graduation- OY). Well there's a lot to be done and very little free time to do any of it. I found an amazing dress but I am now in limbo waiting to find out if the other girls are deciding on wearing the same dress or if we are all doing different dresses (our orders were to get a floor length black dress of our choice). Oh... And there is talk amongst the bestfriend's sisters of wearing UGGs to the wedding. We will see how far that one goes. Is it bad I am praying to God, Allah, Buddha, anybody that'll listen that this one doesn't go through. Here's the dress I am rooting for:
Photobucket


Speaking of my bestfriend's wedding, Laine very well possibly if the Army decides to play nice has a slight inkling that he MAY be able to go to the wedding with me. If he can he'll be wearing this number since they are finally changing around their service uniform:

Photobucket
via

hmmm... What else is new?
I got two packages when I got home two Sundays ago!!! I have two posts coming out about them because one is a giveaway winnings and the other is the Fall Swap. I absolutely loved both packages so much. I can't wait to show y'all.

A really good friend of mine had her going away dinner last Thursday. We went to run errands on Monday and we ended up going shoe shopping and I bought some very cute boots! I adore them.
via
And then we went back to her place to pack up some more of her stuff. I have no earthly idea how she was walking around her apartment because there were boxes everywhere and there was so little space just to breath. Thursday was her going away dinner and after I went bridesmaid dress shopping I headed over to her place to help them get the last few things into her POD so that they could lock it up and have it ready for pickup the following day. Her family is just a hoot... we'll keep it at that. I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to say good bye to her. She is going into her second year of being a nurse and she got a position in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt. They are the number one hospital for trauma. That's something that most people her age and with the lack of experience on her resume wouldn't get. She did it though. I am so proud of her and just so happy for her. I know this is where she is meant to go but it didn't mean that I didn't get a little teary eyed when she left. She is so much more than my shoe shopping friend, she is one of the most amazing women that I know and I am so glad that Amber met her so that we could have the friendship we do.

ohhhh I am the proud new owner of this beauty:

via


1 comment: