Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 5 -- 27 Feb 2010

I think the Biltmore house is the closest thing that Americans have to a castle so it's one of those places that even on their "slow days" they are packed. I would be afraid to see what it would be like on a busy day.


We had lunch in the stable area right off the house and then went on this tour of sorts to see the grounds and get "behind the scenes" things. I could have fallen asleep a few times, but in the end I really did learn something. Who would have thought! The house is always amazing- plus with a few extra rooms opened up it was great! I swear you can go so many times, but you always see something new. At the very end of the day was the part that I was most looking forward to: FREE wine tasting!!! Yummmy!


No comments:

Post a Comment