Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello Germany!

I've been a horrible blogger these last few months. This whole last semester of school is killing me here. I have had presentations, projects, papers, and all those other things that come along with school due the last few weeks. It's slowing down but it just means it's that much closer to finals and getting everything finished. Exactly THREE weeks from now I will be getting ready for my graduation at 3:30. I drive around town just trying to take all of this in... I had my last Spring, Summer, and Fall here and now it's just Winter and in the midst of it I'll be leaving. It's a bittersweet feeling. I am not sure if in the time I have been here that I have been able to fully appreciate what this town offers. I know I am going to visit here after I move because of some close friend's staying but it's still not going to be the same. I knew coming here this was just for school and afterwards I was going to be out of here. After all of this is an amazing new chapter of being with Laine in Virginia. I am ready to go into this and do everything to the fullest in Charlottesville.

Onto another big topic. Laine is back in Germany until Feb/March-ish. He called me the day he got home and it was so crazy actually being able to get a real conversation. No huge trucks driving by, no planes of some sort flying over head, nothing to cause us to waste time while on the phone. He was out of that place and I knew it'd be a few years before I'd have to worry about that again. Somewhere in our conversation the talk of me coming there was brought up. A week later I had a plane ticket and now in two days I will be getting on a plane to fly to Germany for a few days. My suitcase is packed and in my trunk already. My book bag that I'm bringing with me is being packed up tonight after work. I am getting my hair cut tomorrow. I wish I could express the excitement. I'm a little ball of anxiousness. That 8 hour and 40 minute flight is going to be the death of me because I'm going to be so nervous and excited that I doubt I'll be able to sleep at all. Hopefully the Tylenol PM I am taking will help me out in that department.

I'm going to try and get a few posts lined up to be scheduled to post while I am gone since another long hiatus isn't really necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Awww have fun in my country! I miss home! I hope you enjoy it! Have a safe trip hun! Becca

    ReplyDelete